>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, January 5, 2015

Baptism in Durham

Things are going well!  We will be having a baptism on Saturday!  She is very excited to be baptized! We may some baptisms in February, but I will not be around to see them.

I am being transferred next week.  I will be in a trio companionship.  President Bernhisel said I will be with with 2 seasoned missionaries where we will be focusing solely on proselyting, which will be great!  I do not know where I am going.  Elder Wion will be training a new missionary.

We didn't really do anything special for New Year's. But the weather has been nice.  It has been rainy, but it has stayed in the 50s.  I have enjoyed it, it has been warmer than last winter.  Duke will be starting up again, I believe this week.

I like that thought about prophets.  We got the new manual about Ezra Taft Benson and I have read a bit about it.  It seems that President Benson was very bold.  And was not very popular for his time, yet the Church and the people of it has been blessed because of him, especially concerning his counsel about reading the Book of Mormon more.

Hopefully I will have more to report next week, but it probably won't be till the week after.

I hope you are having a great week.

Love,
Elder Lakey








No comments :

Post a Comment