>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas in Durham

This week has been a great week!  This week we should have a baptismal interview with one of our investigators.  If she passes she will be baptized on Jan. 10.  She is the daughter is of a returning less active mother and a non member father.  Her father owns a pizzeria in Durham that is really good and he knows a lot of players for Duke really well and has a lot of autographs from previous players, some of whom are now famous NBA players.

Christmas with the Johnson's was fun!  We spent the whole day with them.  We don't really have any New year's plans.  My jeans do fit. Thank you!  Elder Wion had a good time with his family as well. We don't really have anything special planned for New Year's.

I am glad that William had a good time for his birthday.  It seems that a lot of people have their birthday around Christmas time.  I'm not too surprised that Grandma and Grandpa are heading to Arizona again.

That is crazy that Brian's mission went over 3 weeks! How did that happen?

I love that thought about the scriptures. In 1982 the Ensign made a 7 part series about how the Bible was made.  It is a miracle that the Bible actually exists.  In all actuality the Bible did not reach the public until the 1600s a mere 200 years until the Restoration began.  Something I have learned on my mission is that without the Reformation and the translation of the Bible, there would be no Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I hope you are having a great week.

Love,

Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment