>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, November 10, 2014

Losing Weight in Durham?

Things are doing well in Durham.  Our investigators are doing well, we had 2 investigators show up to church and we are teaching that retired Liberian General now.  We should be teaching some people from Africa soon!  Elder Wion is doing great!  The ward is willing to do missionary work but most are really busy. Half the ward are medical students who are doing residency at Duke hospital.

Some of our investigators are referrals some are not, the more recent investigators have been referrals.  We do not have any baptismal dates, there is one person that wants to be baptized, but we are holding off on him for a little while (It is a long story).

Duke is amazing!!  It looks like a castle, I took a lot of pictures of it.  There is a reason why the tuition there is so expensive.  They also have a really nice cathedral and gardens as well.  

We do have some plans for Thanksgiving, we will be eating with some members but I don't know the details yet.   

That is great you got to clean the temple!!  I bet that you did get to see a lot of things that no one else gets to see.

I don't need any dress pants, ties would be nice but then I would need another tie hanger. I would like a pair of jeans, with the waist size being a little smaller than the last pair you sent. I have to wear a belt with my other jeans right now.  And it is a good idea to hold off on a package until after transfers.

I like that thought, I think that in this mission, obedience is hit on more than any other gospel topic. I have found that while missionary work can still move on and baptisms can still happen if you are disobedient, you can't be as happy as you would be if you are obedient. Happiness and obedience go hand in hand.

I hope you are having a great week.

Love,

Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment