>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween in Durham

This week has been a good week, we found 3 new investigators!  If it makes Jonathan feel any better Halloween is a bit of snooze for us as well.  We were stuck inside our apartment all night because we are not allowed to proselyte Halloween night.

Elder Wion has lived in Vegas for 8 years.  While he does have an accent, he does not speak any other language but English, because Liberia is the only country in Africa to be colonized by America.  We have some Liberians in the ward who say that in Liberia everyone flies 2 flags.  The Liberian one (which looks a lot like our flag) and our flag.  He remembers Africa very well.  I think we should have a lot of different opportunities with Elder Wion here.  We may even start teaching a retired Liberian General soon...

The last week it cooled off a ton. I really enjoyed it but Elder Wion did not.  We should be touring Duke today.

It is getting colder but I like it cold. I wouldn't mind the general Conference talks.  I would also love some Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CDs.  (But I will not be celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving) .

I really enjoyed Elder Christofferson's talk at General Conference.  It seems like a lot people have been talking about it.  We talked about it yesterday in Elder's quorum.  It seems to me, that Satan attacks the doctrine  free agency and the atonement more than anything else.

People like the idea that they don't have to change for Christ and that Heaven "is what you make of it"(a pastor once told me that), but what people don't realize is that we must change for Christ in order to be happy in Christ's presence (see Alma 5 and Mormon 9).  The Gospel and The Atonement is meant to change our natures or else we would hate righteousness which means we would hate Christ and the Celestial Kingdom that is why God in his mercy (yes it's merciful) sends unrepentant and unchanged people to the other kingdoms of Glory because they would enjoy it more there than they would in the presence of God.

I love you all and I will email you again next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey



No comments :

Post a Comment