>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, September 23, 2013

Bogoroditse Devo

Things have been going pretty good, we are now starting to get new investigators.  I did get on Facebook this week and it has been pretty successful we got a lot of referrals through it.  This week we finally got to talk to an investigator who works 16 hours a day.  She is really excited about The Book of Mormon. It goes to show that persistence and diligence pays off. I also talked to a person from Honduras who didn't know much English and I am trying to read a Spanish pamphlet  to try to prepare to teach him the Restoration, that was pretty interesting. Yesterday was also stake conference.

It has cooled down a lot now, it is kinda weird but it feels like being up in the mountains because it cool about in the 70s it rains a lot and there are trees everywhere( roads here are just green tunnels).

The family is allowed to like and comment on it and even encouraged so that way others can see it. It has cooled down a lot now, it is kinda weird but it feels like being up in the mountains because it cool about in the 70s it rains a lot and there are trees everywhere( roads here are just green tunnels). This week we finally got to talk to a woman who works 16 hours a day. She is really excited about The Book of Mormon. It goes to show that persistence and diligence pays off. I also had to talk to person from Honduras who didn't know much English and I am trying to read a Spanish pamphlet  to try to prepare to teach him the Restoration, that was pretty interesting.

I hope I can clarify the stance on Facebook. If I post some spiritual message on Facebook you and all my family and friends are allowed to like it and post about it in fact  you are encouraged to. However I cannot talk or message you unless it is strictly about missionary business, like for example if one of my non-member friends wanted to talk about the gospel or you have some people who are interested in the gospel who you want to refer them to me to through Facebook. We also have our companions proof-read everything we type before we send it on Facebook.

We do have a CD player.  Elder McHan and I like to listen to spiritual music a lot. I wouldn't mind if you sent me some spiritual music like Mormon Tabernacle Choir especially Called to Serve and Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing(that CD has some nice gospel music on it) I also wouldn't mind some Rachmaninoff music. Especially a song called Bogoroditse Devo.  It is Russian but it is beautiful and invites the Spirit in. A care package would be nice and I don't really care what is in it I will be grateful with whatever.

Thanks for the sports update. It is kinda funny because many members love BYU and so do missionaries so every Sunday members will approach us and start talking about BYU football until yesterday.
There was a lot of talk about the Holy War until yesterday... I did not know the score nor what happen at the game but I knew without anyone telling me that Utah won.

It is amazing how often missionaries will come at just the right time. There is a member in our ward that tells everyone his conversion story that he was going to commit suicide later that night just before the missionaries found him. We are told in in the Book of Mormon several times that all good things comes from God, and good things no matter how small can be the answer we are looking for.
This should be a great week out in the Mission field and I will email next week.
Love, Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment