>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, September 16, 2013

Doing the Lord's work

It is going good out here, doing the Lord's work.  No new investigators yet, and the referral from HQ led us to a part member family, it is still unknown if the non-member wife wants to take lessons or not.  We had some interesting encounters with people but nothing has come of it yet.  I also did have a few opportunities to use the priesthood this week. The temple was great and all the missionaries in my zone came with me.

I have zone meeting on Wednesday about Facebook. I watched my zone leader the other day get about 3 referrals in about 30 minutes on Facebook.  To put that in perspective I have only gotten 4 referrals this entire month. have no idea how General Conference is suppose to work.  We are also having a General Authority coming to us in November this year it is a member of the seventy but last year it was Elder Holland.

I did receive the cookies you sent and they are in good condition.  I have yet to try any strange food although I have recently fallen in love with pot stickers. Other than Camp Lejeune, I can't say I have been anywhere interesting although Camp Lejeune is huge and I haven't been to a lot of it.

I am glad about everything the pioneers did for us. And similar to how the Lord helped the pioneers he help us missionaries. If you think 20 year old men can convince people to join a whole other religion using just words, than your crazy. It is the Lord that does the converting and I seen missionaries withstand any and all false doctrine even from those who went to religious schools for years.  That power and knowledge only comes from the Lord. If that power knowledge were stay with us after our missions getting a degree in Theology would be easy.

Raleigh, North Carolina is a baptizing mission it is not a Noah or Mormon mission where we are to cry repentance in vain. It will come in time I just have to do everything I can do and everything will work out fine.  It is true that it is obedience is what increases our faith because then we are experimenting on the words of the Lord.
Thanks for your prayers and I will talk to you next week.
Love, Elder Lakey



No comments :

Post a Comment