>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, September 9, 2013

Hard but fulfilling


It is going alright down here. The weather has cooled off a little bit but not as much as I would like.  Things have been slow, we honestly do not have anyone who is willing to do more than just hear the word. We are trying to find more investigators through members, because finding them through our own efforts only seems to find flaky investigators. I hate writing stuff that sounds negative especially for the the last couple weeks. But I cannot lie and sugar coat missionary work. It is hard but fulfilling, frustrating and peaceful at the same time I truly do enjoy bring on a mission but it is agonizing to see people fall short of their potential.

I haven't been on Camp Lejuene much since the baptisms. We try to have exchanges (where the member comes with both of us as oppose to us separating) to every lesson but it doesn't always work that way, but we get exchanges to most lessons. I have yet to speak in the church except for the primary once but we missionaries are teaching 3rd hour on the 5th Sunday of the month. We are going to the temple on Friday. 

Thanks for cleaning up my facebook account.  Thanks for the cookies and I would just keep sending stuff to the Mission Office. I have figured out the GPS, it was rather easy, but I am not sure I will ever enjoy bike riding.

It sounds like everything is going smoothly back home. I hope Jonathan sticks with an instrument, because I never could. 

Thanks for the message as usual, faith in the basic doctrine is all that is needed to do great things and to have the testimony of the church. That part of history(leaving Nauvoo) is sad but it needs to be remembered.  I feel gratitude for the pioneers and what they did especially since I don't think I would have the physical strength needed to be a pioneer back then. 

It isn't a matter of if we will find people who are willing to repent and be baptized it is a matter of when.  You never know, the referral we just got from church HQ as I was emailing you may be that person who will bring himself and others onto Christ.  Just work hard, be obedient and have faith and everything will work out find.
Love, Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment