>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Laboring in the Lord's vineyard

It going alright out here. We did get new missionaries, Elder Gallagher from Kanab, Utah and Sister Bush from North Ogden, Utah. It has been a little slow on the investigator front, it seems like for one reason or another appointments keep on falling through.  But, these things always happens to missionaries and are to be used as a learning opportunity. But, the recent converts are doing well, which is a really good thing because some recent converts in this ward that were baptized before I came, end up falling away from the church and going inactive, and we still teach them about once a week.

We are not doing anything special for Labor day other than laboring in the Lord's vineyard which is special enough for me. And if a public event happens during the day on preparation day we can attend. Elder McHan has gone to some minor league baseball games in his last area.

I will start using facebook around September 18th. Because Elder McHan is a District Leader he gets to test facebook and he is already on. We will not be receiving ipads for a long time.  One of the things you could really help me out on is preparing my facebook account. Due to facebook policy, I will be using my old facebook account, because we are not allowed to have 2 accounts.  It could be a big help if you were to delete all game and apps, unlike all things that don't relate to the gospel and post on my facebook warning my friends that I will have to unfriend them if they try distract me or try to talk to me about non-missionary things. There are other things I will need to modify but I will do it myself, but just doing these things alone will be a big help to me.

The bike riding has not hindered the work, but it is a very obvious weakness that I have. I did receive my kickstand several week ago and my butt is now used to my bike.  That is great about Derek I am sure he is happy. I do remember Mrs. Neese, although I would be very surprised if she remembers me all that well though. That is great you are liking elementary school, there is a certain innocence in elementary schools that don't exist in Jr. highs. Yeah, we have ward council meetings dedicated to missionary work. We try to work with them, but as you could imagine certain organizations do a lot more missionary work than others.

Thanks for the spiritual message there is a lot opposition out here, but it comes mostly in the form of contentment and apathy. Many people are content with their understanding of the gospel because they believe they have already been "saved". Many people can give you the date on when they were "saved", and thus reject the Book Of Mormon and the church because they feel like there is no need for it. It is very critical that we get people to pray about the Book of Mormon. If they find out it is true, then they learn that there must be more out there.

Thanks for the prayers and I pray for you back home too.

Love, Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment