>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Goodbye Jacksonville

This week has been an interesting week, I found out that I am going to Pembroke, a small country town that also has a small university, UNC Pembroke.  It should be a lot different then Jacksonville.  I am going to be with Elder Brinkerhoff, I don't know much about him yet.  While I love Jacksonville, I am also very excited to go to Pembroke.  I will miss the members the most they were willing to do anything for you, it was great.

I am almost done packing and I have a ton of space still in my suit case. A member in our area takes us to Raleigh with our luggage and bikes.  There we are informed by President Bernhisel where we are going.  Then we find the member that corresponds to our new area and we put our luggage and bike into his car and we travel to the next area.

Golfing was fun,  I am not sure what I like to do on p-day, most missionaries just like to shop and play basketball.  Jacksonville does not have any good seafood places.  It is very much a military town not a coastal tourist town.  You could live in Jacksonville your whole life and not realize your living on the coast.

It is funny that your weather is warming up. Everyone around here is freaking out again. One snow storm in a year is rare, yet the weather report is saying that there is suppose to be an another storm this week, which would be the 2nd one this year.

I love you and I email you next week about Pembroke.
Love, Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment