>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, February 3, 2014

State of Emergency

This week was a little slower, North Carolina shuts down during a winter storm.  We didn't get to teach much.  The Governor of the state declared a state of emergency, the base was on lock down, and Onslow County had a curfew at 7 each night.  What did we missionaries do?  Drive to the Dominos, got pizza, ate it at the church and got on Facebook.  While there was ice on the road, there was a ton of over reacting.

It is 70 degrees today and I am going golfing, the snow is all but gone now. We did teach an active member lesson during the super bowl (they didn't care for the superbowl), but that is it. I hear it was a pretty one sided game anyways.

Transfers are next week.  I know I am being transferred, but I do not know where to yet.  I will probably not find out where I am going until the transfer meeting next Tuesday.  Everyone is saying I am going to Durham though.  

I actually met Sister Arave back in December.  We do not have a problem with bugs, but it all depends on your apartment.  That is great that Taylee is going on a mission.  We did make it to the beach I have been there several times now.   

It is not always easy to see the spiritual danger.  But, that is why we have prophets to warn us of the danger.  It is very important to review old general conferences talks.  It is amazing to me to see old conferences talks, and to see the modern day fulfilling of prophesy found in those talks.

Preach My Gospel and the mission prep manual are great!  If you can love the people, listen to the spirit, and have a basic knowledge of the Gospel you can be a missionary.  There's is a reason why many of the best missionaries were less active before there mission and came back or were recent converts. 

I love you I and I will email you again next week.

Love, Elder Lakey




No comments :

Post a Comment