>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Baptism

It is great to hear from you, this week has been a great week. We had the baptism on Saturday it was great! Brother R. has been waiting to be baptized over a year.  When he was baptized news spread fast about it, there are missionaries who are home and married that taught him!  It really was something for him to be baptized.  Unfortunately, certain baptism requirements are time sensitive so I will not have another baptism while I am here. 

I too have heard that it is supposed to snow this week, but isn't the first time people has told us that, yet it hasn't snowed since November. We still do missionary work like normal on those days, and Camp Lejeune stays up and running too.

While the weather has gotten colder I am fine. I am keeping warm. We went on base to the beach on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We got a flat tire at a tank crossing, luckily there wasn't any tanks.

2 Nephi chapter 2 is a chapter I share a ton with investigators.  Without going into much detail, many people I have taught and am currently teaching have serious problems.  Problems that even professionals cannot completely fix.  Yet, I have seen people come unto Christ and have many of their difficulties wash away.  And they are now happy.  I have also seen how much people find happiness from families.

I love you, and I will email you again next week.


Love, Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment