>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, January 13, 2014

Things are going great

Things are going great here. This week we had a miracle. Ever since I got to Jacksonville, we have been teaching a investigator.  He always had a testimony of the Gospel and everything related to it, but he wouldn't stop smoking, he wouldn't come to church and he was on probation. (We can't baptized people who are on probation) no matter what we did we could not get him to stop smoking, come to church consistently and become converted to the Gospel. Eventually, he violated his probation and ended up back in jail. Last week, he went to court where they released him from jail and terminated his probation. What was a even  bigger miracle was he changed and became converted, he is a very different person now. He has stopped smoking and is coming to church. He fasted and prayed a lot in jail and he realized how much his mistakes are hurting his family. He always wanted to be baptized, but now he wants to be baptized for a different reason, he wants his baptism to be for the benefit of his family (who are already members) and not for his own benefit. He should be baptized on January the 25th.

This week has been pretty good, I am feeling good. As far as the pants go, don't worry about it I believe I found a solution to my problem.

The weather has been good. Last week, we had the coldest day in years here. It got down to 15 degrees at night ... since then it has been in the 50s and 60s. This is clearly not Utah weather, seeing how my coldest is your normal.  

I am glad that you have such confidence in me. Being on a mission isn't easy but it is rewarding. I will email you more next week.

Love, Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment