>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Six Months


It seems very crazy to me that I have been a missionary for over 6 months now!

This week should be a better week.  Last week I was sick, so we didn't do much, but I am feeling better now. The weather has been bouncing around it went from being in the 60s to being in the 30s to back to the 60s again.

Elder Killbourne replaced Elder Mickelson, which is really crazy. When I came to Jacksonville, I replaced Elder Killbourne, and it is really crazy to have a missionary come back to the same town he already served in, even if he is in a different ward.

I love that thought, Jesus was the perfect leader because he was the perfect example and we must follow that example. Many people become interested in the Gospel, because they see and know people who are living the Gospel standards. We are constantly doing missionary everyday, as we strive to live a Christ like life. And people, as they look at us, will recognize that our happiness come from living the Gospel.

Thanks for your support and love, and I email you next week.
Love, Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment