>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, February 24, 2014

Digging Ditches

The first week in Pembroke was great. We are fed here all the time.  We never tract, it is useless.  We get a lot of referrals from the ward, and most of our investigators are friends or family to ward members.  The ward is great, they do a lot of missionary work!  There is not a LDS institute, at most there are a dozen YSA at the college.  

Elder Brinkerhoff goes home in June, I may be his last companion. He has only been here one transfer more than I have, so we are both trying to learn the area. We do have some investigators, but it is too soon to tell if they are going anywhere.

It has warmed back up to the 70s but it is supposed to snow again. (Everyone has been freaking out, apparently this has been the worst winter in years).  Pembroke is built on top of a swamp so there is a lot of people with water drainage problems.  The sister missionaries yard has turn into a lake, so I have been digging a lot of ditches lately.

I did receive the package you gave, thank you.  As far as the memory card goes I am waiting to fill it up before I send it home.  There is a Walmart in Pembroke, so we can stay in town to shop.  Need wise I just need to buy a few things at Walmart, I should be fine otherwise.

That is great to hear that Taylee is coming to Raleigh. As far as advice goes, go to mission prep, study The Book of Mormon and study the places with in the mission and the big religions in the South.  And bring clothes that you can sweat in.  Most of the mission is either country or inner city.

I really like this thought(Elder Holland's talk "Remember Lot's Wife").  It says in Luke 9:62 "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God".   We have to keep our hearts and minds single to the Glory of God.  There is a talk called the 4th missionary, that is really famous, that talks about it.

Thanks for your love and support, and I will email you again next week.

Love, Elder Lakey




  



No comments :

Post a Comment