>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Thursday, March 6, 2014

Well Fed

I am doing well here.  This has been a good week, we taught a lot of lessons this week, which is always great.  Investigators are doing alright, right now we are trying to build up the area a bit. But that being said, I have never been fed so much in my life it is ridiculous, even if I don't eat the food they will send it home with me, our fridge is full right now!

I haven't eaten anything different, but I did drink something that I never drank before.  Last night some members had a ton of caffeine free coca-cola that they were trying to get rid of.  So I tried one, it was alright, I would agree it is better than a Pepsi (an investigator in Jacksonville once forced me to try a Pepsi).  I don't think I am going to be a coke drinker anytime soon, though.

I hear we are having another storm coming through.  Every 3 months we have an interview with the mission president and this one got moved because the storm that is suppose to hit tomorrow.  

That is great to hear that Jonathan bore his testimony, it sounds like he is starting to understand the gospel!

I would like you to send the Thai Book of Mormon.  The  next missionary area over is the city of Lumberton.  Lumberton has a ton of refugees from Burma.  These refugees have they own language and do not have a Book of Mormon in that language.  However, many  of these people spend years in UN refugee camps in Thailand, so while many don't know much English, many know Thai and perhaps some may be able to read the Thai Book of Mormon.

I love that spiritual thought, the fact is everyone has to rely and faith at one point or the other, and that is why we must have a testimony. They will come a time where we will be back up to a wall, but we will be rewarded if we continue faithfully.

I am glad you bore your testimony on facebook I really enjoyed it.  Ironically, I was so busy yesterday I wasn't able to get on facebook and post my testimony.  I will do that in the next day or two.

I love you and I will email you next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment