>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, March 10, 2014

Hastening the Work

Things are doing good here in Pembroke.  This week was a pretty good week, we had a lot of rain, but that was it.  I already had my interview with the mission president, to be honest there isn't much to report on with that.  Our investigators are doing alright, we had a lot of appointments fall through last week.

Last week, all the stake presidents of the mission, mission leaders and an area seventy met together.  A couple weeks before this meeting all the area seventy for the South met with Elder Ballard. The seventy announced that based off their research that the area goal should stay at 2.5 baptisms per missionary per year.  Elder Ballard said no to that goal and increased it to 5 baptisms per missionary.  Based off of that meeting all the leaders of the Raleigh mission came to revamp their goals.  The Fayetteville West stake president has increased the baptism goal to 200 for the stake, and that means Pembroke needs about roughly 25 baptisms to meet that goal!  The Lord is truly hastening his work!

Elder McHan is in the Fayetteville stake, while I am in the Fayetteville West stake.  Thanks for sending out another package, more Mormon tabernacle choir music would be nice, and possibly a band called Inside Out Acapella (they are an LDS band).

I'm glad to hear Jonathan is getting the priesthood, it should be good for him.  It sounds like RSL had a crazy game!  As a missionary your interest, habits and desires change, but soccer is something I would love to pick up after my mission again.

Tell Taylee there are irons in all the missionary apartments I have been to, but the humidity usually unwrinkles clothes anyways, I never bother to iron my clothes for that reason.

I love that spiritual thought, I think that when we serve others, that is when we change the most. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most powerful force in the universe, because it changes people's will.
But I think that change happens when serve others with Christlike love.

I'm glad you feel like me going on a mission was worth it for you. I know that going on a mission is the best decision I have ever made.  It is hard for me to describe how I have changed, other than that I have changed a lot.

I love you and I will email you again next week.


Love, Elder Lakey






No comments :

Post a Comment