>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, March 24, 2014

Proselyting with the Mission President

This week has been good.  The teaching is going alright.  We went proselyting with President Bernhisel on Wednesday that was interesting.  On Saturday, one of Elder Brinkerhoff's converts was endowed and sealed in the temple with his wife and kids.  We got permission to go to the sealing.  It was cool and surprisingly simple.  We also saw some temple workers from Jacksonville, so I got to talk with them a little bit.

Transfers are this week, I am staying in Pembroke and so is Elder Brinkerhoff.

Thanks for the spiritual thought!  Missionary work is the most difficult thing  I have ever done in my life. While many missionaries stay for the full two years, some missionaries will get burned out and become "trunky".  While I have way too much time on my mission to get trunky, there is no denying the fact that one can get discouraged on their mission if they are not careful.  But, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I did not get the package you sent me yet.  I am glad Great Grandma is doing better, I have been praying for her and put her name on the prayer roll!  Tell Johnathan it is always cool to hang with friends on your birthday. I hope he can do better at the cello than I ever did.

I hope you are having a good week, I love you and I will email you next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment