>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Friday, March 21, 2014

The Book of Mormon is Amazing!

This has been a good week.  Our investigators are doing alright.  Unfortunately we do not have any investigators close to baptism yet. We had stake conference yesterday, we went to the adult session on Saturday and then they had an area broadcast on Sunday, where Elder L. Tom Perry spoke. The whole conference was all about missionary work.

In order for the work to hasten and to get 200 baptisms for the stake we need miracles. Good thing our God is a God of miracles. We will also need a lot of support from the members too. 

Hastening the Work is an all out effort for the church. Everyone must play a role in it.  If you think about it, many activities and aspects of church are a part of the work. What stood out to me about what Elder L. Tom Perry said was that he didn't add anything new. He just repeated what has been said for the last year and a half now.  Simply put, it is time to go to work.

There are also sister missionaries in the ward. In fact, Sister Cowley was in the Jacksonville 3rd ward with me for awhile and now she is in Pembroke.

I saw that President Reed's wife died, that is so sad. I remember President Reed telling me this was going to happen. I know their son Jeff well. He actually emailed me two weeks telling me he got his mission call to the Ventura California.  hope he will still want to go.

I'm sorry to hear about Great Grandma, I didn't realize that it was getting that bad. I will be praying for her.  Thanks for sending a care package, it is well appreciated.  I will see what I can do about sending the photos home.

The Book of Mormon is amazing! There is a reason why we encourage everyone to read it.  There is also a reason why Satan stirs people up to hate it.

I hope all is well back home and I will email you next week.

Love
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment