>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

I had a quiet Easter, but I enjoyed it, I read a lot of Jesus the Christ on that day.   The Cantata went well, hundreds of people showed up!  We even ran out of places for people to sit!  I did not sing in it.  We also ate Easter dinner with a member.  I'm glad to hear that the #BecauseofHim Easter video went viral, many missionaries tried to get the video out there.

This past past we got to go to the temple, which is always great.  We found out yesterday that a missionary in the next area over, finally got his visa to go serve in Brazil.  He was here for almost a whole year!  He should leave next week and his companion will come and stay with us for a week until the next transfer happens.  I should be serving in tri-companionship covering two areas for a week that should be fun.

I'm glad Jonathan was able to pass the sacrament.  It's normal to be nervous at first, he will get used to it.  That is crazy that the 3rd ward split once again! Does that affect our boundaries and ward?  I should see Taylee in the mission sooner or later.

Thanks for the package it was well appreciated! I don't mind candy but I wouldn't mind some variety and also other snacks. I also would like more Inside Out Acapella and a CD from Handel's Messiah.

I like that message from President Uchtdorf, I believe that the Gospel of Jesus of Christ is the most powerful force in the universe. Why? Because I know of no other force that will change a person's entire life for the better in a drastic way without compelling the person to change.  Nations can't do that, nor armies, nor rehab, nor jail, nor any self help book. And that Gospel can be found in General Conference.  You can feel the Christlike love radiating from the speakers.

I love you a ton!! And I will email you again next week.

Love, Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment