>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Grateful to be on a Mission

General Conference was great!  I like it a lot more as missionary than I did before my mission.  We invited some investigators out, but some of them forgot and didn't show up.  We had a lot of members trying to invite people to church as well.

On a mission we set two different types of goals. We have numerical goals, for example how many people we want to come to church next Sunday,  And we have action plans. Which simply put is plans to do certain things, like what you are planning on doing. I find action plans to be more effective than numerical goals.

I can't believe Jonathan is going to be a deacon that is so weird to think about!  I am sure he is happy to have a Wii U and I am happy to hear that he is getting the priesthood.

I really liked President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude.  I never realized it's not about being thankful for all the blessings you have received in life, but rather that there is a loving God who gives us blessings.  And the biggest blessing of all, the Atonement.  I am grateful to be on a mission and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It is tough, and frustrating, but worth it.  I don't give out much details about my mission, because a mission is filled with setbacks and disappointments, and I don't want to fill the email with negative things.  But a mission is the greatest experience in the world!

I hope you loved General Conference and I will email you again next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment