>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, July 14, 2014

Good News from Pembroke

Sherman's baptism was great!  He was so happy!  He actually gave a lesson the next day in church on baptism.

We haven't had any investigators yet from the Lumbee Homecoming but media referrals take some time to get to us.  

Elder Hjorth is doing good, we actually found last Thursday that he is training next transfer which means I am officially leaving Pembroke at the end of July.  We are losing a lot of Elder this upcoming transfer including Elder McHan.

I would really love some new shoe laces and I would love for a audio recorder.  I have tried the whole writing in a Journal and I hate it and I just can't do it.  Plus my handwriting is pretty bad still so it's difficult to read it anyways.  Same thing goes for typing or else my emails would be longer.  So I want make an audio journal.

I like that thought from Dallin H Oaks you sent.  I was reading today and how Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.  If we are not humble then we are not relying on Jesus, which means we cut ourselves off from vine and we will wither and spiritual die.  Humility is the key to having communication from God.

I love you so much and I will email you again next week.


Love, 
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment