>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, July 21, 2014

One more week in Pembroke

This week has been a good week. We did meet some new investigators this week because they wanted a free bible from Lumbee Homecoming.

I do not know where I am being transferred to yet, hopefully I find out by next Monday.

I did receive the package, thank you so much!!  The voice recorder is exactly what I was looking for.  The cookies are in good condition too.

It sounds like things are really crazy back home.  I didn't know Kiley had dogs, it sounds like they prefer dogs over kids.  I still can't believe Kiley is getting married!  

That is crazy that Austin and Andrew are having their homecoming and farewell on the same day!

I'm really sad to hear about Daulton and Jaxon.  It is really sobering when someone you knew that was your age back home has died.

Those who follow Jesus Christ have to be united, if they are not united they will fail.  One thing I have found to help me become more united is feeling empathy towards others.  I feel that only Christ can give us empathy.  How else can we develop empathy for others if we haven't been in their situation.  But empathy can only come if we truly want to love our fellow human beings.

I love you and hopefully I will have some more news for you next week.

Love,

Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment