>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, July 7, 2014

Lumbee Homecoming

This week has been a crazy week! The Hurricane did not do much to us though. We got a little bit of rain from the Hurricane, I don't think Jacksonville was hit as hard as most people thought it would be either.

Fourth of July was also rather quiet, but Lumbee Homecoming was crazy!! We literally gave out over a thousand pass along cards.  We hope a lot of people respond to the card and request to have missionaries over. We should be stopping by someone tonight who we met at Lumbee Homecoming. The event was huge and there were people everywhere. I was wiped out by the end. We mostly stayed by the booth, while the sisters walked around. 

Sherman is doing great! He 
will get baptized on Saturday the 12th!! Many of our other investigators were out of town, so we will see how they are doing this week.

It sounds like you all had a fun 4th of July! Does that mean Jonathan will start learning karate? Anything more on Kiley's wedding?

As a missionary you have to love The Lord. He gives you strength and spiritual capacity needed to be a missionary. He also provides you with the proper motivation to do missionary work. It cannot be understated what The Lord does for you.

I hope you have a great week and I will email you next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey



No comments :

Post a Comment