>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, August 18, 2014

20th Birthday in Durham

Thanks for the birthday presents, it was just what I needed!!  I did not tell any members it was my birthday, so nobody really knew about it.

Work was rather slow this week.  The ward had us go find some less actives this week and none of them were interested in returning.  We do have some investigators, but they are progressing very slowly, so we don't have much to work with yet.  

I have been enjoying Durham the ward reminds me of Jacksonville.  There is lot of young families in the ward and they feed us well.
  
I am figuring out Durham, the GPS is my best friend, I have literally put hundreds of active, less active, potential and former investigators on it.  We will start using the buses this week.

Jonathan should be fine at school, he will just need a week or two.  I was nervous myself but there is nothing to be nervous of.

That is crazy that Matt Clough is home, they say that even in America, Spanish speaking missions are very different than English ones.

As a missionary the highs are really high and the lows are really low, but our part of the vineyard is geared towards us.  Harrison just got his first baptism on his mission and it was someone from one of his past areas. He was so excited for it.  Only he understands how that feels to work so hard with her for her to get baptized.

I too want my mission to go slow.

I love you and I will email again next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment