>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, August 4, 2014

Hello Durham

I am now in the Durham 2nd ward, which covers the northern half of the city of Durham. It is where a lot of suburbs are with a good sprinkling of Duke students.  Unfortunately, the ward boundary ends about two blocks before you get to Duke University.

I am half bike and half car just like Jacksonville. Durham 2nd is a really established ward, members feed us every night and the church attendance is literally double that of Pembroke!  Many of the members are young families doing post grad research at Duke and being paid to do it no less.  I am with Elder Evans who as been out as long as Elder Hjorth has.  We share the ward with Sisters (as usual).    We will be half bike half car, we split the car with the sisters.

I am sorry to hear that it's been a rough week. I will be praying for you all. Are you all still sick? I have been doing well, I haven't been sick since the first couple weeks of Pembroke.

As far as a birthday present goes, the only thing I can think of is making sure that when they give permission to release Ipads to the mission that we can buy one, but I think that is about it.

As far as I can tell most people that join the church and stay active in it start investigating when they see the good influence of friends and family who are members.  The church is true, but that doesn't mean a thing if we don't live the Gospel that makes us Christlike.

I love you all and I will email  you again next week.

Love, 
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment