>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, August 25, 2014

Growing Spiritually

Things are going alright in Durham.  This week we biked a lot and found two new investigators.  We are figuring out the bus system slowly but surely, it is sometimes a headache to get from one place to another by bus.

I saw Duke University for the first time this week, but unfortunately I did not have my camera.  The whole campus looks like a castle, even the hospital (which is huge) has turrets on it.  It is one nice university but I would hate to see the tuition on it.

I can't believe Matt is home and that school is starting up today!  Does that mean I have been out the longest in the ward on a mission?  Thank you for the shirts they will come in handy!  That should be about all that I need!

I like that thought (Learning through Life's Trials) because, I'm like most other missionaries, in that the mission is the hardest thing I ever done.  But because missions are tough, it forces missionaries to grow spiritually.  I think people may grow the most on their missions than at any other time.

I love and I will email you again next week.

Love,

Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment