>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, September 1, 2014

Service Projects

This week has been a great but exhausting week.  We have done five service projects this week, including one this morning.  Three of the service projects were moves.  We are not doing anything special today other than relaxing.

This week have had a lot more missionary success.  We found couple more investigators, had three people commit to baptism and had an investigator show up to church after she told us earlier in the week that she wasn't going to make it!  That never happens, usually people say they are going to church and don't, not the other way around!

Duke is beautiful, the best way I can describe it is a modern day Hogwarts, everything looks medieval.  I really hope I can tour Duke sometime soon!

I don't know how big football is in Durham.  I know all the employees for Duke got free tickets on Saturday to the football game, so a lot of people went to that.  The bishop also drove up to Connecticut for the BYU game.

That sounds like fun to be camping and that it is starting to cool off there.  Here in North Carolina you can go camping just by walking a mile away from your house if your in the countryside.  However, the weather hasn't cooled off yet.

I did get the package you sent me. Thank you so much! 

That is great that Jonathan is doing well in school. I do remember those teachers.  Don't tell him this but those three teachers were problem my least liked ones my 7th grade year.

I like that thought, Christ doesn't weaken our challenges he strengthens us to meet our challenges if you let him.

I love you and I will email you again next week.

Love,

Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment