>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, September 22, 2014

Bugs and Baptisms

It's great to hear from you!  I'm emailing you a little early today because they are spraying our apartment for insects today, so they kicked us out.  Things are doing well out here, although funny enough I have had a head cold for the last week myself.

Adrian and Brother Durham are still coming to church!  Brother Durham should be baptized on October the 11th, which is his birthday! Which is super exciting!  I am not sure if Adrian will be baptized in October, he is doing well but we have got some difficulties with him.  We did find a some new investigators. They are a 4 sisters who live together.

The temple dedication sounds like it was a great experience!  That is awesome that Jonathan was in the cultural celebration!  What did he do in it?  On the church website they showed a little bit of the celebration, but not too much of it.  I like the look of the new temple much better than the old temple.

The weather is starting to become nice here.  It is actually starting to cool down.  Now it is in the 70s with some days being warmer and others being cooler.

That is a lot of indexing names!  It must be fairly easy to index if he wants that many names!  But, I hope that goes well.

I like that thought about temple recommends.  A temple recommend represents that you are living up to your side of the covenants you made with God.  As a missionary we are supposed to have a temple recommends our entire mission but it expires right before we leave the mission.  And we get interviewed by our mission president for a recommend that will only be valid for a month or two and there is a good chance you won't use the new recommend at all(Mission president temple recommends are only good as long as your on a mission).  That shows us just how important a temple recommend is.

I love you and I will email you again next week.

Love,


Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment