>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, September 15, 2014

Smoke Break

This week was a great week!  Our investigators Brother Durham and Adrian came to church last Sunday and are doing really well!  Adrian even brought a friend, but I don't think think he was too interested because he took a 2 hour smoke break during church.  And Brother Durham decided to join the choir and they practice after church!  They should both be baptized in October.

We found those investigators by looking for leads in the area book. (None of them were in the area book, but we met them because we were in the area that the area book leads were located.)  We also found some new investigators this week.

We are not sure what we are doing for General Conference yet.  Nor have they announced anything concerning the temple trip.  I just heard about the movie Meet the Mormons last week.  There is a movie theater in Raleigh where it is going to play!  I am really excited for it and maybe it will come to Durham.  I think it will be a great missionary opportunity.   No idea if we will be allowed to go to it or not.

That is super exciting to hear that the Ogden Temple is being rededicated soon!  They say temple open houses make for excellent missionary work.  And that is awesome that Jonathan was in the news!  Did they actually interview him or something?  

I'm glad that Grandma is doing well!  I did not receive any package from Grandpa Lakey yet.  And I'm excited that Greg is going on a mission!

I love that thought because only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ -faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end- will we get happiness.  Because only the Gospel can make us Righteous and Christlike and only through being Christlike can we be happy.  This is essentially what we tell everyone the first time we meet them.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most powerful force in the universe.  Because it's the only thing out there that can make us happy and righteous.

I love you and I will email you again next week.

Love,

Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment