>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Friday, August 15, 2014

Enjoying Durham

This week has been a good one. I have really been enjoying Durham a lot and I like Elder Evans as well.  I think one of the reasons I enjoy Durham so much is that Durham is a research town most of the ward is either connected to Duke University or the Research Triangle.  Many of the members are students at Duke and are studying a lot of the things I enjoy learning about.

The work has been rather slow due to fact neither me or Elder Evans know much about the area yet, it is also difficult to get around because Durham is a rather spread out city, but we are planning on experimenting with the bus system here.  We live in an apartment complex that is own by a member that lives in the Roxboro branch and many other members live in it as well.

I am glad that summer is almost over!  I know that kids don't enjoy the summer coming to an end but I do, due to the fact it should get cooler, even though it has been a really mild summer.

I can't believe I'm about to be 20 it seems so crazy to me!!  But I really don't need anything at the moment for my birthday.

I really enjoyed that story you told me about the MTC missionaries.  Many missionaries  had to sacrifice a lot more than I did to go on a mission.  A lot of missionaries have a lot more challenges and difficulties than I do.  I really appreciate what you did for them.

I love you and I will email you again next week.

Love, 

Elder Lakey



No comments :

Post a Comment