>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, October 13, 2014

A Durham Baptism in Durham

Things are going well in Durham.  Brother Durham got baptized!  He invited a friend to the baptism and when she came, we found out she was already a member! She was less active member who lived in the ward but wasn't on the ward roster, (you would be surprised how many people I have found on my mission who were members that lived in the ward but were not on the ward roster) and now she is going to church again!  So the baptism was basically a 2 in 1!

The temple and the movie were amazing!  There was another new temple video.  Every time I have gone on my mission it's been a different video.  I also got to see Elder Roberts that day, that will probably be the last time I will see him while he is a missionary.  Meet The Mormons was excellent! I would recommend it to everyone, and now I can say that I have watched South Park on my mission, because of the movie.

I'm glad to hear that Grandpa is doing better!  I have been praying for him and so has the mission President.  I know it isn't easy right now, but the Atonement gives us the strength to face our challenges and grow.  I know that is true on a mission, because I have felt it.  I know that Christ lives, because I have felt it and I know that this Gospel is true, because I have felt the effects of it in my life and other people's lives as well.

Elder Robbins talk was excellent! I do not know about the women's conference talk because I never saw it. Stake Conference is this week and we are getting a new Stake President and we are having 2 seventy coming.

That is good that Kiley and Josh are working.

The same day as Brother Durham's baptism on Saturday, my old companion Elder Brinkerhoff got married so that was pretty crazy!

I hope you are having a great week. I love you a ton!  

Love
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment