>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, October 6, 2014

15 pages of notes

This week has been a great week!  Brother Durham will be getting baptized this Saturday!  He also went to all five sessions of General Conference with us!  He really enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk.  We did get a text from Adrian saying he would come to General Conference but he never showed up. 

I loved General Conference I took 15 pages of notes on it!  I really liked Elder Christofferson's talk on how Free Agency actually works and the dangers of the idea of Moral Relativism (it reminded a lot of my debate days where many debate kids would advocate that philosophy both inside and outside of debate rounds).  I also liked President Monson's talk because of the simplicity of it and the fact that walking with Christ is what our church is focused on.  I also liked President Uchtdorf's priesthood talk.  

We will watch Meet the Mormons on Friday.  We also get to go to the temple on Wednesday.  This week and last week we have been so busy with stuff that we actually haven't had much to proselyte.

I did finally receive the package from Grandpa last week.  It looks like it was stuck at the mission office for awhile.

That is great that you been able to relax little bit this week.  I hope Dad had a happy birthday!  What is Josh's plans now that he has graduated?  And what has Kiley been up to as well?  Also what was your favorite conference talk?

Wow it sounds like quite the week for Grandpa!  What was the complication?  I will keep on praying for him.  Is there a significant chance of further complications?  It sounds like it was a miracle that he recovered!

I will keep praying and loving you.

Love,

Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment