>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, October 20, 2014

Transfer Week

This week has been a good week.  It is also transfer week.  Elder Evans is being transferred.  It was a bit of a surprised that he is leaving, he didn't stay in Durham that long, he is the only non-leader elder that is being transferred out of the zone.

I hope the work can continue to go well in Durham, there is a lot of potential here.  Elder Carlson of the Seventy at stake Conference said that there are 20,000 people in this stake that are willing to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The theme of the conference was Hastening the Work.  We did get a new stake president, I don't really know the new one, but he seems to be a very humble man.

I don't know what Elder Robert's plans are when he gets home other than that he will be looking for work.

That's great to hear that Grandma is now mobile again!

It is starting to get pretty out here, a lot of the leaves are still green though.

It seems like my sports teams are doing well while I am on my mission. I will just have to do a dvr sports marathon when I get home.

I like that thought, we had an investigator this week that wanted to know how The Church can help her out spiritually. We read  Moroni 6 with her. We explained it is impossible to keep our baptismal covenants without the sacrament.

I love and I will email you again next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment