>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day

This week was good.  The investigators are doing alright. We set a baptismal date with someone... only to find out he lives a hour and half into South Carolina!! ( he works with a member in the ward in our area and we taught him on his lunch breaks.) A lot of people were gone on vacation, so we weren't able to teach much.

Unfortunately it has been warming, but at least very little humidity yet. We aren't really doing much for Memorial day.

I know Lui from track and also mission prep, I like Lui a lot and I'm guessing he just got off his mission. Speaking of mission prep, we did a mission prep devotional for the youth. I hope we can do more things like that in the future. 

It sounds like it is almost a family reunion, right now back home.  Thanks for the package that is all I really need for now.  I finally was able to figure how to upload pictures, I will try to send some each week. 

I hope Jonathan can find some new friends when Cole moves, he will get to meet a lot of new people in Jr. High.

As a missionary you've got to love The Restoration, it is what we teach about to people all the time. The idea that God still sends revelation to us is new to most people, and it makes sense to them as well.

I hope there will be more to report next week.

Love, 
Elder Lakey





No comments :

Post a Comment