>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, June 9, 2014

Another good week in Pembroke

This week has been a good week.  Yesterday we met with a man named Sherman, he is dating a member in the ward and has started to go to church.  Yesterday, he told us he wants to be baptized, he is already reading The Book of Mormon and he is getting married on Saturday!  It is all a little crazy because he and his fiance announced yesterday that they were getting married in 6 days!!!  We set a baptismal date for July 12th.

This Thursday Elder Corbridge of the Seventy is coming to the mission.  He gave a well known talk called "The Fourth Missionary", you can find it on the internet.

I will be getting a new companion next transfer, because Elder Brinkerhoff is going home!!! I do not know anything else that will be happening next transfer.  

It is starting to get hot, southern summers suck.  Sadly Pinehurst is not in my area, so I doubt I will be doing anything for the U.S. Open. 

That sounds like fun that Aunt Jill is in town, it's good to hear Jonathan and Rebecca get a long.  That is great that Grandma and Grandpa are finally going to have a home!!

I like that thought, when Elder Parker talked to us about his conversion story he told us that converts don't look like much at first, but they will grow. Only God knows a man's fullest potential.

I love you and I email you next week, hopefully with some more good news.

Love,
Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment