>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day!!!  This week was a good week.

Elder Brinkerhoff is going home this week, but I do not know who my new companion is going to be.  I am staying in Pembroke, assuming nothing weird or crazy happens of course.  You never know what you are going to get in a new companion.  Due to the fact Pembroke is extremely country we do missionary work a bit differently then in many other areas in the mission.  I hope my new companion understands that and is willing to adjust.  

I heard Elder Mickelsen was getting transfer, rumor on the street has it that he is going to Wake Forest.  (Missionaries are filled with stories and rumors but they are not always right, but sometimes they are.)

Elder Corbridge's talk was excellent.  He talked about trying your best is all the Lord requires and not to get stressed or upset about things.  He also talked about teaching a lot and making sure everything we teach goes back  to Eternal Life.  The meeting was only for the Southern half of the mission so I did not see Sister Beard.


I bet the Scottish festival is fun.  Where was the Scottish Festival? The next county over is called Scotland County and it is also very Scottish.  How was the family reunion this year, what did you do and where was it held at?  That is crazy that Elder Greenhalgh and Elder Roberts are companions!!  I'm glad that Jonathan was able to teach the lesson today, and I hope he has a fun time up in Scout camp.  It is getting hot, it is suppose to hit 100 degrees this week!!

Putting God first is the only way to do missionary work.  The Missionary handbook says that your loyalties are first to The Lord, then to your Mission President, then to your companion. We have to be willing to sacrifice everything if needed for The Lord.  If we are not Loyal to The Lord then he can't give us the support we need to do His work.
I love and I hope you had a happy father's day.

Elder Lakey

No comments :

Post a Comment