>

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.



Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Car Problems

I had a crazy day yesterday dealing with our car, so I wasn't able to email you because we were having car problems and it took us the whole day to fix.  

I stayed in Pembroke, my new companion is Elder Hjorth.  He is from Spanish Fork and he has been out 6 months so I am now the senior companion.

Sherman is doing great, he committed to living the word of wisdom! He should still be baptized on July 12th.  Our investigators are doing great, we have been visiting a lot of different people, but nothing note worthy.

That is great to hear about Jonathan in scouts.  I'm sorry to hear that his friends are moving away.  Where are the Cloughs moving to?  

I saw the pictures of grandpa, it looked like the kids had a fun time.  That is interesting that Jason is in the bishopric, I wonder how he likes it?  That is great to hear that grandma and grandpa finally have a house!

As far as a package is concerned I don't really have desires for anything specific right now.

I'm happy to hear about team USA, a lot of people are talking about them.  It not too surprising that RSL is not doing well. They seem to struggle when their best players are playing internationally.

Those scriptures (Alma 53:20-21) tell us what we need to do to follow God.  It is amazing to me how many people trust missionaries and look up to them, even those who are not members of the church!  And people only who trust missionaries due to the fact that many them do what is right and do what they say they are going to do.

Sorry for the short update for you and mom, I don't have much time today, but I will email you again next week.

Love,
Elder Lakey


No comments :

Post a Comment